Digital Communications & Event Intern
ArtReach St. Croix is a nonprofit regional arts organization committed to the mission of connecting communities and the arts throughout the scenic St. Croix Valley including the communities of Stillwater, Hudson, St. Croix Falls, River Falls, Hastings and more. ArtReach supports the work of artists and arts organizations through diverse, multi-disciplinary programming that fosters and celebrates the visual, literary and performing arts in the St. Croix Valley.
ArtReach St. Croix is seeking a motivated individual to assist the organization with dynamic marketing, social media and communications efforts. Past projects have included the launch of our online cultural events calendar, social media planning, media relations and event promotion. The intern will have the opportunity to create digital content designed to connect communities throughout the St. Croix Valley with visual and performing arts on a variety of platforms. Communications will support programming including, but not limited to, the Mobile Art Gallery, Take Me to the River and artist initiated efforts in the St. Croix Valley.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create digital content, write captions, make social media posting schedules and respond to comments and DMs on social media platforms including Instagram and Facebook
- Design and execution of social media campaigns for One Square Foot, the Mobile Art Gallery, Take Me to the River, and other regional arts programs
- Draft and schedule delivery of email newsletter
- Assist with posting on multiple WordPress-based websites (ArtReachStCroix.org, StCroixSplash.org and TakeMetotheRiver.info)
- Website updates, artist communications and event planning for One Square Foot and Mobile Art Gallery through public relations and traditional marketing materials
A successful Digital Marketing & Communications Intern will be available to work 10 to 12 hours per week including some evenings (Thursdays from 4-8pm) and weekends. Some work may be done remotely.
Currently enrolled in/completion of a degree program in a relevant field such as marketing, communications, journalism, arts administration, nonprofit management, design, studio art or performing arts. A successful Digital Marketing & Communications Intern will have strong social media skills, a desire to write exciting content, be comfortable learning new digital skills, as well as organization and office skills.
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] or via mail to ArtReach St. Croix; Attn: Internship; 224 N. 4th St., Stillwater, MN 55082.. Please include dates available to start and end the internship.